Norristown, PA area lawyer describes the appellate process

When there has been an error or misunderstanding that occurs during the decision-making process in family courts, the outcome may be changed in an appellate process. An appeal is an attempt to challenge the court’s final decision to change the results. Many individuals wrongly confuse this with a retrial and do not fully understand what happens during the appellate process.

Attorney Jack A. Rounick of Norristown, PA provides his clients with the information they need to have a successful appeal process. Clients should check with a seasoned family law attorney to determine if their case has a good chance of a positive outcome during the appellate process. Clients cannot just appeal the decision because they are unhappy with the ruling. In most cases, something must have been wrongly considered in the trial. It may be an injustice or an actual misinterpretation of the laws. This can happen in the lower court and it can be reviewed by a higher court who can reverse the decision made if deemed appropriate.

The appeal process for child custody hearings are often faster than appeals for other situations. This is because it affects the wellbeing of a child and may need to be reversed on an emergency basis. However, in most instances, the appellate process is long. It does not start a case over. Instead, it uses the same evidence that was used during the initial ruling to determine if the original decision was made in error.

The process starts with the help of a quality attorney. Jack A. Rounick is familiar with the legal system in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and can help his clients in getting the ruling they deserve. When errors have been made through the decision-making process and laws have not been interpreted correctly, clients have the right to go through the appellate process. If you believe that your case has been wrongly decided and are interested in learning more about appealing the decision, contact Jack A. Rounick today to schedule a consultation appointment and find out if there is a possibility of reversing the ruling in your favor by taking the issue to an appellate court.